GARAGE SALE PERMIT INFORMATION
Garage sale permits MUST be purchased at the Customer Service Office during regular business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm located within Joliet City Hall, 150 West Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL 60432.
** Permit(s) will not be mailed. **RESTRICTIONS:
- Only two (2) permits allowed per calendar year
- Dates of sale must be consecutive and not to exceed four (4) calendar days.
- The total number of days that personal property sales (garage sales) can be held at a particular residence, residential lot or tract of land in a given calendar year shall not exceed eight (8) days. (This can include two events consisting of up to 4 days).
- No rain dates. No substitutions. No refunds.
- Individual: 1 address $6.00 1-4 day sale
5 or more addresses $30.00 1-4 day sale(One permit for all addresses)
(5 or more addresses)
- Applicant(s) will need to provide the following:
- Name of Subdivision
- Name of person in charge of the garage sale
- Names (first and last) of all participants
- Complete addresses of all participants
- Names cannot be added after permit has been issued
- Garage Sale Permit
- Permiso de Venta de Garaje
- Ord. Ch. 18, Article X - Personal Property Sales in Residential Districts
Isabel Kodron, UT/Bill. Coll. Manager
150 W. Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL 60432
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
City Collector's office at (815) 724-3970.