The Plan Commission is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the General Development Plan for the City of Joliet. The Commission also makes recommendations to the City Council on all petitions for zoning reclassification, annexations, plats of subdivisions, planned unit developments, and amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations. The Director of Community Development is the Secretary to the Commission and all petitions for review by the Plan Commission are filed in the Community Development Office.
|NAME||TERM BEGINS||TERM ENDS|
|Joe Strong, Chairman|
|Frederick "Rick" Moore|
|Marc A. Rousonelos|
The Mayor, with the advice and consent of the City Council, shall appoint nine (9) members of the Plan Commission, subject to the following:
- Members shall serve without salary for a term of two (2) years. Members shall serve until their successors are duly seated and qualified.
- In order to serve on the Plan Commission, a person must be a qualified elector of the City and have been an actual resident of the City for at least one (1) year immediately preceding appointment.
Meetings: 3rd Thursday of each month, 4:00 p.m., Council Chambers
Agendas & Minutes
- Annexation Petition
- Detachment Petition
- Planned Unit Development Petition
- Street Name Change Petition
- Subdivision of Land Petition
- Vacation of Right-of-Way
- Zoning Reclassification Petition
Please include an Ownership Disclosure form with all Plan Commission petitions