No Permits Will Be Issued In An Easement.
These examples below are meant as general guidelines and are subject to final approval by staff.
What you need:
- Plat of Survey
- Structural Drawings
- Cost Estimate
- HOA approval (if applicable)
Cost of Permit: $50.00 (for up to $8,000)
A permit is required prior to the installation of any deck.
- Deck should be located out of Public Utility Easements.
- Certain subdivisions have covenants that are more restrictive than the City ordinances. Prior approval from a Homeowners Association is required.
- When a deck has a roof structure over it, the deck must meet the same setback requirements of a house structure, as well as meeting the lot coverage limit of 30%.
- All structures (excluding driveways, sidewalks, pools, unroofed decks/patios & fences) on a lot must cover no more than 30% of the total lot area.
- Whenever a project requires digging please contact JULIE, in advance, at: 1-800-892-0123, to mark any underground utility lines.
- Corner Lots: No building in the 20 Ft. Side Yard Corner Lot Setback.
Note: At two intersecting streets, alleys, and driveways, there are additional requirements that must be met to protect the visibility of automotive traffic, cyclists, and pedestrians.
Joliet City Hall is located at:
150 W. Jefferson St.
Joliet, Il 60432